Do you love hearing about gorgeous, amazing things that you totally can't have?
Well, I hope so, since I'm a year fucking late on this shit... but it is awesome.
(If lusting over things you can't have doesn't appeal to you, I suggest scrolling to the next post really quickly!)
After completely dismissing the brand for years, I recently discovered the wonderfulness that is BareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow. Although it was released for Spring 2013, the Wild Thing quad, at the time, was in the Sephora sale section. Of course, I immediately realized that I needed to have it.
AND THANK FUCK I ORDERED IT IMMEDIATELY, SINCE THIS IS THE PERFECT MOTHERFUCKING PALETTE. (And now it's gone...)
Reasons why this palette is flawless:
1. The compact is aqua. AQUA. It's so beautiful, it is as if it taunts the other makeup in my collection.
2. The palette is polite. When you first open it up, it greets you with a friendly 'Hello'.
3. Seriously, just look at this shit. I bet you feel terrible that you didn't buy this when it was available.
4. The color combination is brilliant and completely unexpected.
5. The colors swatch like butter.
Sensational is an iridescent sea foam that almost appears as if it is glowing. It is gorgeous. If you do not love it, it may be time to schedule an appointment to test for color-blindness.
Icon is a yellow-y, dead-grass chartreuse with a tiny bit of shimmer. I would say that it's a little bit rougher in texture than the other shades in the palette, but the color payoff is still excellent.
Elitist is a satin-finished medium brown with some green hues hidden in there.
Controversy is a frosty denim blue.
Every single color is approximately perfect in terms of pigmentation and texture.
6. The colors are unbelievably easy to blend.
A couple looks I have done with the Wild Thing Quad:
Overall, I like just about everything about these shadows. The only minor quibble I have is the price: BareMinerals Eyeshadow Quads retail for $30 for 0.17oz, putting them at a slightly-pricy $176.47 per ounce.
Sadly, since this palette is now sold out, you're going to have to buy some other BareMinerals eyeshadow to fill that enormous 'Wild Thing'-shaped hole that I am sure I have created in your heart.